Monday 17 October 2011

GM - Bradford Film Festival

On the 6th October I attended the Coop Film Festival in Bradford. Whilst I was here I attended a 'Final Cut for beginners' session. Although the majority of it I already knew and perhaps the intermediate level may have been more appropriate for me I learn a few more complex techniques that I had not been shown in class time.

I learnt;

  • That when inserting a clip into the timeline you don't have to just use the 'replace existing' option, there is a variety of other selections you can make including 'insert with transition' which I am more likely to use when creating my music video.
  • A few short cuts
    • the 'a' key jumps to the curser (on the right hand side toolbar)
    • the 'b' key selects the razor tool (on the right hand side toolbar)
    • to render, hold down 'cmd' with 'r' with the clip highlighted in the timeline
  • The 'pen' tool (on the right) can be used for fade in and out...ducking
  • In the top right hand side box (where the clip is dragged to to insert it) along the play bar there is a scale bar (scrubbing) which slows the clip right down. This would be extremely useful to ensure that the sound starts at the correct point (good for when I will need to lipsync my video)
  • 'Toggle clip overlays' to move sound
  • Overlap - linked selection (middle right). Cut the clip, extend the sound then adjust the length of the other clip. This means the audio will continue after the 1st clip is offscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated so please make sure they are appropriate.